Foam board insulating the interior walls of static caravan

W

woodworm2009

I am currently attempting to insulate the static caravan i currently live in.

As it is rented i cannot open up the existing walls so am having to insulate from the inside.

i bought some 'kingspan' or another make of rigid foam boards with a foil backed side from a seconds outlet.

I have screwed the insulation boards directly onto the plywood walls and then covered with hardboard.

I am currently concerned about the 'dew point' and have been trying to gain some kind of help and advice with this through a post in the forum.
"insulation board. what way round should foil side face?"

I have removed a section of hardboard and insulation (its been up for 2 weeks) to see whats happening to the plywood wall and found it was very cold and as if there was moisture there.

I have removed another section on a different wall and this seems fine.

i am worried that if i continue to insulate the walls and then decorate etc is there a damp problem that will be occurring in between the insualtion board and the plywood and will i be slowly rotting the plywood which would be a great disaster.

If anyone can help please see my post in the forum and respond.

Thanks

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
have you got skirts on the caravan and insulated under the caravan????.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back