Foghorn noise within my house

Does it make noise the whole time heating is on, or after a period of it being on?

Sponsored Links
It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had a similar issue or know from experience?

I have something similar, but it's only every few weeks.

The toilet in a bathroom which is no longer used drips slightly, and every now and then it tops up and you hear a foghorn type noise. Don't know why.

Sponsored Links
Do your radiators have TRV valves on them? Have come across instances where when one of the valves is starting to close that it will cause a vibration

Reactions: CBW
I hear foghorn noises in my house, upstairs every night, varies between 11PM and 6AM.

The wife does not belive me when I tell her she snores... :)

Dear All,
Many thanks for the messages and help. I've found the source of the foghorn noise...it's the neighbours oven which makes the noise every time it is being used!!
The oven is placed against the party wall which is why the noise is pretty clear.
Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back