Foil tape over plaster board joint ..... right or wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help?
I thought I was being a really big help and have covered over all of the plaster board joints, in our newly converted attic, in foil tape?
Was this the right or wrong thing to do?
Can our builder still plaster over this tape, or should I remove it all?
PLEASE HELP???

Sponsored Links
Take it off and mind your own business.

I beg your pardon?
Your reason for being so rude and totally unhelpful is WHAT?

Sponsored Links
Really?!
Funny how you can't even offer a decent answer!
As if you'd know anyway.

You've not even put the question in the right forum. And yes I can and do plaster. Better leave it to the experts dear - take up knitting.

Joe doesn't beat about the bush, he just tells it like it is and makes you learn your lesson - a bit like that teacher you didn't like but always seemed to learn from. ;)

In answer to your question, I'm afraid that it will have to be taken off as neither plaster nor a jointing compound will stick to the foil tape, even with the aid of something like PVA. :(

K8Col

It is always wise to ask for advice on the correct sub forum, you will not only get a far speedier reply the guys on them will be able to offer you the advice of which you need.

Dec

You did a stupid thing.
He’s right I’m afraid; if I was your builder/plasterer, I’d be somewhat less than amused at you for interfering. Never do any prep work unless your builder/plasterer is happy for you to do it & you follow specific instructions what to do. You might think you’re helping & saving a little time/cash but in fact you will do neither & if it goes wrong as a result, who’s fault do you think it’s going to be! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back