folder sync software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking for some software to sync 2 folders on a computer, basically an instant back up, a bit like RAID, but only for a folder.

Its possibly staring me in the face, but hey ho...

What I need to do is for a local club, this machine is only used once or twice a week for admin stuff, so a scheduled backup is no good.

I have a flash drive that I want to leave permanently connected, and want to sync this to the my documents. preferably on an addition, but a normal sync will be fine.

I am trying to do this, as the HDD failed last week, and I have spent the last 2 evenings recovering what I can, as it turns out there was no backup.

Lucily I have recovered most, if not all that was lost, and I want to preven this happening again.

In addition to this, I am going to go in once a month, and create a protected zip that I will store off the premises.

Sponsored Links
I use Goodsync

I used to use the free microsoft powertoy SyncToy for XP, but it does not work on win7

Also what about the on-line Windows Live Sync or Live Mesh (whatever it is called nowadays) which will keep several computers in sync with files, and can be used for backup purposes

Sponsored Links
Back