Folding Doors between lounge and dining room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering about boarding up the access between the lounge and dining room.

I have a wood burner, that makes it simply too warm to have a sofa any closer and therefore i have to push the sofa back against the folding doors.

I was wondering if anyone else had boarded theirs up and wished they hadn't?

Sponsored Links
That's ok :LOL:

the only disadvantage I can think of is if it would cut down the light in the rooms but ok if you have decent sized windows. The advantage is that it would give you a lot more useable space for furmiture.

Sponsored Links
thanks squeaky, what do you think about boarding up half height i.e. to leave an internal window (no glass) that would give me a place to put the sofa and maintain light through the rooms

Yes, a photo would help. Also, what you do might depend on the type of property. If you have a modern flat, maybe some glass bricks or something to let light through but not good for a period property.

I'm leaning towards forming a borrowed light, cill height approx 1.00m from finished floor level with a breakfast bar in the dining room

I think the doors look nice but I can see that the space could be better used.
Yes, a hatch or window would look fine. Check that 1metre is higher than any sofas that might be put there in the future.

so this is how it looks until i can get it skimmed

Attachments

• 20150712_153600.jpg
    20150712_153600.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 108

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back