Folk are getting stupider as time goes by!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some from today

The barn that was reported to us by the police as a cannabis farm and wanted checked for safety.

To get power someone had illegally installed a new un-metered service to the barn by live jointing onto a 3 phase 95mm2 main passing by!!

The service alteration where a builder (??) had moved a 3phase 100A service and then renewed the loop service to next door with some 16mm2 singles!!

The report of a smell of burning from a cut-out, that had evidence of illegal interference by the same folk that reported it!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
To get power someone had illegally installed a new un-metered service to the barn
That's not a stupid idea if you're running a cannabis farm.

by live jointing onto a 3 phase 95mm2 main passing by!!
What was the quality of the job like?

The report of a smell of burning from a cut-out, that had evidence of illegal interference by the same folk that reported it!!
Now they were stupid.

What was the quality of the job like?

Unsafe by all accounts

Main protected by 315A fuses, the connection fed straight to a CU with no intermediate protection, then (probably based on others I've seen) 32A MCB's feeding circuits to the lamp units

Sponsored Links
Ah, not sure the incident occurred about 100 miles from where I am so I was reliant on brief notes on our fault management system.

The looped service by the way saw both properties disconnected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back