Food Poisoning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a reminder to all you lot how important it is to wash your hands after handling raw meat. I was handling some raw pork on Sunday and didn't wash them - had suspected food poisoning all Sunday night and yesterday.
The abdominal pains were unbearable and I didn't beleive it was possible to be sick and sh1t3 at the same time.

Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Just a reminder to all you lot how important it is to wash your hands after handling raw meat.
Idealy you should wash your hands regularly to prevent infection. I always take a small tube of Alcohol hand rub gel with me. Next time you go to the public toilet, watch how many people who do not wash their hands then the infection/germs is all over the door handle!! I was in Egypt last year and number of people who were sick apart from me and my wife because we regulary clean our hands, the germs is believe to come from their currency notes. Shaking hands with someone who coughed or sneezed on the same hand you’re shaking will pass the germs, it's amazing how easy the germs is passed on.
The abdominal pains were unbearable and I didn't beleive it was possible to be sick and sh1t3 at the same time.

Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand I had this once, it was awful with a bucket and toilet at the some time, called a doctor out and told me to get a coke cola bottle, take the cap off and let it go flat then drink it. I don't know why but was too ill to ask the doctor, seems to works though. Does anyone know?

Can't help on the science behind it Masona but i've found that flat cola is good for upset stomachs. Warming it (not hot but warm) also helps it go flat quicker and can be nicer to drink than when it is cold when you're not feeling well. Lemonade works too!

Sponsored Links
I find coke much too fizzy so I always add 'another' teaspoon of sugar into the 'filled' glass. Flat as a pancake in 10 seconds ! Has anybody here ever put chalk into Newcastle brown ale ???? Messy :LOL: .

Ed

Agree with Masona re Egyptian currency. It is the filthiest money you have ever seen especially the small denomation notes that the poor people use . Said that the food wont give you the diddly di dohs but the money will.

Coke contains phosphoric acid.

Some medical folk believe this quells nausea. As does ginger ale (provided it has real ginger in).

Also, the high carb content (ie lots of C6 H12 O6 or similar!) is said to help.

Flat coke is more palatable than the rehydration drinks you get for when you've got the runs. It contains some sodium, potassium, a touch of other electrolytes and as we know, loads of glucose which can help with rehydration.

I remember being told if you've got an upset stomach, you should never drink milk as the milk actually helps feed the bacteria causing the upset - dunno if that's an urban myth or fact though.

I think it's actually fructose - according to some site that tells ya all about coke.

As someone who used to work in the food industry, AFAIR, corn syrup is used to sweeten coke made in the US after 1985 (after the reintroduction of the original recipie). In most other countries, cane & beet sugar is used.

Sponsored Links
Back