Footie season is here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate pro-football and the whole 'my-team's-better-than-your-team-come-one-yooni'ed' crap that goes with it.

I'm not gay. (nowt wrong with that, before anyone chips in! :D )

I'm not a woman.

It's not that I'd rather be flower arranging or watching some chick flick nonsense...

It's just I've never been into it or seen the pull of it that makes one teams supporters belt seven shades of ****e out of another's.

I always get really extreme reactions from football fans when they start rambling at me about the game only to find that not only do I not give a c r a p, but I also know bugger all about it too.

Conversation with Essex bloke wagon driver the other day:

Footie nut: 'Phwoor, did you see 'X'-sies goal in the blah-blah game the other day? Cuts across the field, (insert 'thrilling' pseudo commentary here) and then straight in the back of the net... Lavverly!'

Me: 'Er, no.'

Footie nut: 'Yer wot? You Sky+'d it then, yeah?'

Me: 'Nope. Don't follow football.'

Footie Nut: 'So who's yer team then? You gotta have a team'.

Me: 'Nope'.

Footie nut: 'Nah, everyone has a team. Big bloke like you? You gotta love footie. Go on then, who's your team? you gotta have a team. Who is it? Oim passionate abaht it, I am. Passionate!'

Me: 'Uh, .... Liverpool then...... I suppose... (family always supported Liverpool - ergo: my default team in these situations)

Footie nut: 'Uurgh! They're crap! They're (insert 3 mins of anti-Liverpool FC rhetoric covering topics such as League things, player transfers, goal differences, managerial whatsits...) Starts singing some insulting football song or other involving his team defecating upon LFC fans...

Me: '(eyes glazed over...) Yeah, .... well, .... We'll see how we do on aggregate then (only big, football word I know - no idea what it means (small rocks?) or indeed, if aggregate is an upcoming factor) *starts forklift and revs engine*

:rolleyes:

Most annoying thing is that last year, Sky had this thing where they would show girly films/baby documentaries on other channels at the same time as big-matches. Because obviously, if you don't watch 'footie', you must love ****e like that! :rolleyes:

Please! Am I alone here? :(

Sponsored Links
Your on yer own,,,,,,your on yer own.....NNNAAAGGHHHHHH. :LOL: :LOL:

cccc'monnnn youuuuu rredddssss!!!!!!!!!

I'm exactly the same. I have absoloutly no intrest in the game.

I could name about 4 footbalers I reckon. (and I only know one of them cause he drinks in my local :LOL: )

I have nothing against sport. I am a rugby league season ticket holder. I just really can't see the attraction of football.

I don't have a team either. If I'm asked anything about football, the stock answer is "sorry mate, wrong shaped ball, don't know what you're on about"

I don't watch the world cup either, and get sick of hearing about nothing else for months and months on end :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps one of the pro-footie nuts could explain what is so great about 22 men, who pretend to be grown up, kicking a substitute for an inflated pigs bladder about a field, while 30,000 others look on. Just wonderin' :confused:

RF Lighting said:
I'm exactly the same. I have absoloutly no intrest in the game.

I could name about 4 footbalers I reckon. (and I only know one of them cause he drinks in my local :LOL: )

I have nothing against sport. I am a rugby league season ticket holder. I just really can't see the attraction of football.

I don't have a team either. If I'm asked anything about football, the stock answer is "sorry mate, wrong shaped ball, don't know what you're on about"

I don't watch the world cup either, and get sick of hearing about nothing else for months and months on end :evil: :evil:

RF, You must be a Rhinos fan of a proper sport.

If a rugby player stays down, then you know he's injured. Not like these over paid namby pamby premiership footballers.

oilman said:
Perhaps one of the pro-footie nuts could explain what is so great about 22 men, who pretend to be grown up, kicking a substitute for an inflated pigs bladder about a field, while 30,000 others look on. Just wonderin' :confused:

I dont like golf, baseball or cricket but unlike you i dont wonder whats so great about going round hitting a little ball with a stick. Fortunatley not everyone enjoys the same things in life. It just so happens your a minority when it comes to disliking football.

Paper Spark said:
RF, You must be a Rhinos fan of a proper sport.

F**k right off :LOL:

Bulls through and through.

I agree with the fan of a proper sport though ;)

Well... I find football exciting, watching a decent match getting completely sucked into the game and really giving a damn about whether the ball goes in to the net. some footballers are just fantastic to watch. the way they get past other players predict the play and work together of course you get the arrogant I can win the game all on my own players which you have to yell at - that's another thing perfectly acceptable way to vent spleen and shout loudly.

Hell I woke up at 7.30 to watch Match of the Day (still has a huge crush on Gary Lineker)

ESMxx

Ps

Aggregate score in sports, refers to the sum of two scorelines when the same two teams play each over two legs (most commonly in a knockout competition).

extrastrongmint said:
Aggregate score in sports, refers to the sum of two scorelines when the same two teams play each over two legs (most commonly in a knockout competition).

Well I'm sure that cleared everything up for non-football fans. I thought most footballers had 2 legs by default? :confused:

So yeh, I'm one of those don't-give-a-toss-about-footie-types, although like most women I do enjoy it every 2 years (World Cup & Euros) I treat it like one big party, everyone gets to dress up, have a few beers and get involved. Plus you get the added bonus of watching some gripping dramatic sportsmanship, of which there's much less in the weekly games of a regular football season.

I also don't get how someone picks a team to 'follow' especially as most teams contain loads of foreigners, some of which are the most hated people since Hitler, (that Ronaldo **** for a start, cheating little bastard)

:oops: - it just means when two teams play each other twice in competition, a home game and an away game, they add the two scores together.

Oh yes, the morons were out last night chanting and swearing at full volume in our local.
Now they've banned smoking in pubs, surely the next step is to ban football in pubs? I dream of the day.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE...... WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE...... LA LA LA, WERE GEORDIES WERE MENTAL WERE OFF OUR F.......ING HEADS i dont like football either :LOL:

extrastrongmint said:
:oops: - it just means when two teams play each other twice in competition, a home game and an away game, they add the two scores together.

*Zzzzzzz - snort*

Oh, sorry. Must have dozed off... ;)

So what's the 'Off-Side rule' all about then?

Yes, of course I'm listening. I always close my eyes and dribble a bit when I'm listening really hard...

Sponsored Links
Back