Footings for a single skin double garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am building a double garage and would like some advise on the depth and width of footings needed, it will be a single skin, it obviously needs double skin at the door opening with brick pillars.

Cheers Andy :D

Sponsored Links
I am going to seem realy dumb here, do you mean the width of the footing needs to be 200mm wide x 200mm deep ?? what does the 750 deep mean.
Sorry but i am a novice at this.
Cheers Andy

600 wide x 200 deep bottom of the footings 750mm below ground level to protect from frost.

Or if having a bricky in to do the blockwork it may be cheaper to dig your trenches to the same depth and fill up with say 600 deep concrete so less blockwork required to get you up to ground level.

All assuming good firm ground.

Sponsored Links
I am with you now...all depends on how much blockwork is done, the more concrete in the footings the less blockwork needs to be done !!! the measurments you stated is the minimum, thanks for your help.
Cheers again Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back