Garage Footing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am planning a new garage build. It will be single skin with single brick pillars at the appropriate intervals for re-enforcement. Thus making the wall 215mm wide.

I figure a footing of 450mm Wide and 600mm deep, will this do the trick?

Regards

Carl

Sponsored Links
For those loads, 450 wide foundation strip would be fine, assuming no abnormal ground conditions, such as old fill etc.
The depth depends on the soil-type and proximity of trees. If the house has a similar depth, that should be OK.

Why not just put it on a slab and cut out the excavation

Just being picky to be honest, my old garage is on a slab and I just prefere the thought of bricking up of the foundations and pouring the floor in level with a course of bricks..

Sponsored Links
For those loads, 450 wide foundation strip would be fine, assuming no abnormal ground conditions, such as old fill etc.
The depth depends on the soil-type and proximity of trees. If the house has a similar depth, that should be OK.

Thanks, will check if there are any problems in my area etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back