For all your bathroom/deocorators/plumbers . . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain, but am looking for some help here, as am really lost

I have a small flat which I would like to rent out. Its a very, very basic flat, and the rental income wont be that much. However, the bathroom is in a pretty bad state, as nothing has been done to it for years, and years.

I have been ringing around trying to get quotes for a new bathroom, and have got wildly varying prices. This is what I want :

Remove old bath/sink/toilet
Remove old tiles on wall

Install new bath/sink/toilet
New tiles on walls.
New shower unit plumbed in
Line put down

I dont want anything too fancy at all, just the bare basics, so that it is okay to rent out.

I have had quotes from £3000, down to £1700, inclusive of all parts and labour.

What would you say is a reasonable price, bear in mind the flat is located in SE-london/border of kent.

Anyone got any recommendations for any good bathroom fitters ?

Thanks

Mehul

Sponsored Links
in between the two quotes sounds about right for a budget contract suite job, although the lino will have to be professionally fitted.

beware the extras though, if the wall tiles don't come off clean, then re- plastering may come into the equation.

i think if you have £3000.00 handy be prepared to spend it. the bathroom and kitchen (per size) are the most expensive rooms to furnish. £3000.00 is peanuts.

Are you actually getting the people in to look at the job or asking for a rough price over the phone?

Because if your getting phone quotes your asking for trouble and to be ripped off.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar flat to yours. I bought a bathroom suite and thermostatic shower from B+Q for about £450. Will get a plumber in to install them I hope for under £300. Will do lots of preparation work myself. One big thing I intend to do is paint over the existing bathroom tiles (it is three qurter tiled to the celning) with white tile paint which I have seen done and looks reasonable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back