For my next trick I am going to saw a brand new bath in half

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double skinned free standing tub to fit but the damn thing is so tall that in a dry run Mrs Blondini, (five feet, two and a half), struggled to step into it.
There are no feet as it is meant to fit directly on the floor, but there is seven inches of space under the actual tub. My solution is to lop about six inches off the base of the outer skin then make good with a piece of 25mm wbp ply which will be bonded to the reinforced base of inner skin and also support the cut edges of the outer skin.

I like low baths anyway. The last ordinary one I fitted, I threw away the adjustable legs and just sat the base on the floor using graduated battens to get the level right. (Luckily I was able to accomodate the waste within the floor void).
It was very sturdy, so much easier to step into, and it just looked more integrated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local