forcing a boiler to ignore the stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyway i can overide a wireless stat?

I've accidential broken my wireless reciver that connects into my valient 824 boiler. Now i have no heating although i do get hot water however no heating.

Is there anyway that i can tell the boiler to ignore the stat and use just the buttons on the boiler?

Sponsored Links
yes you need to 'link out' the stat, trace the wire going from the reciever into the boiler, normally will have mains power Live Neutral and Earth and then another two wires, remove these two wires from thier terminals and replace with one wire linking the two terminals, (kill the power to the boiler 1st tho)

Yes, I'm afraid though as you'd have to open the boiler i can't tell you how as you'd need to ba Gas Safe registered, sorry

Sponsored Links
Vaguely remember if you press one of the buttons on the reciever it will override the stat and will bring the boiler on.

Just a guess as its easier to break the stat than the reciever.

Yes, I'm afraid though as you'd have to open the boiler i can't tell you how as you'd need to ba Gas Safe registered, sorry

No need to open the boiler. Open up the stat receiver, remove wire from connector B and put it into connector A. This overrides the stat's time switch and boiler will stay on constantly unless controlled at the boiler.

No need to open the boiler. Open up the stat receiver, remove wire from connector B and put it into connector A. This overrides the stat's time switch and boiler will stay on constantly unless controlled at the boiler.

Cheers mate, i've got my central heating back. :D

Is the best way to turn off the boiler to stop the central heating firing up or should i just turn down the heat setting on the boiler for the central heating? thanks again Dont won't my boiler on full all night especially with gas prices.

Cheers mate, i've got my central heating back. :D

Is the best way to turn off the boiler to stop the central heating firing up or should i just turn down the heat setting on the boiler for the central heating? thanks again Dont won't my boiler on full all night especially with gas prices.

Glad you got it sorted out. ;)

Up to you really. You could leave the control on boiler on low setting so that ch is just ticking over and hot water water will still operate or turn boiler off.

Can't you turn the ch only off on the boiler's controls, leaving the hw on?

P.S. Should have said in my first post to isolate mains to stat receiver before opening, but sounds like you managed OK

And having got the heating back on---he now wants it off again!!! when he knows the real answer is to get a new Receiver - be thankfull the heating is on don't ecpect it vto work automatically untill the failed part is replaced!! :rolleyes:

Normaly on that model just turn the radiator marked knob down to minimum.

Tony

Big thanks again mate, heating is working fine and i can just turn in down via the heating knob on the boiler. Thanks again. Its cold up north.... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back