Ford C-Max, 1.6 petrol, about 2007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of buying one of these, around '07 plate. Not had Fords in a long time. Anyone have any views of this vehicle please? I dont really like diesels. Any advice and info. much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Don't buy an auto, or at least not the one they don't make parts for anymore - if its very cheap that will be the one. Otherwise they are a nice car but the diesel is nicer, not only more economical but nicer to drive with lots of low down torque, in fact you don't really need an auto box with a diesel. :D

Peter

Peter N, thanks for reply, I did wonder if a diesel may be the way to go, despite me not liking them! Best to change my views I reckon. The diesel range is from 1.6 to 2.0, I shall try to get a test-drive in a 1.6, will report back.

I would try as as many variations as you can, on a diesel a larger engine doesn't necessarally mean a worse fuel consumption, its all down to the way you drive.

Peter

Sponsored Links
After 41 years of owning and maintaining second hand cars, Ive bought my first brand new car. In June I traded my 56 plate Focus 1.6 for a new C Max 1.6. All I can say is I am happy with it. I drove it from Wearside to my sons in Norfolk and it, according to the instruments, achieved over 51 miles to the gallon.
Had one small problem. The DAB radio failed, though I could still get AM and FM. It took 4 visits to fix, and for the inconvenience caused they are giving me the first annua/12,000 mile service free. May try diesel next.

If you go for the diesel option, especially the 1.6 (DV6 Engine) change the oil every 6000 miles, even if you dealer service it every year. Always allow the engine to idle for a time before stopping engine.....The turbos are very prone to failure from poor oil quality and overheated oil.....

Back