Ford Fiesta Finesse, Heat Gauge is not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a ford fiesta 98 on S plate. Heat gauge is not working at all. it does not go up at all. The car does not heat up.
After some research i thought that it is the heat switch which might be faulty. Firstly i could not found the heat switch. but i did find two switch i tried earthing them (with ignition on) to see if gauge moves but it does not moves. I am not sure if these are heat gauge switch or not. But those were the only switch i found in the car.

Now after 2 hours i gave up and know nothing. So please help me out as it is dangerous to drive the car in this condition.

Sponsored Links
There should be a little brass sender on the cylinder head, either near the thermostat housing or on the right hand side of the head. Will have a single wire going to it, thats the one that does the guage

I went back tried again and now the situation is that i found a red housing switch when i earth it the needle goes to the top. so i beleive the switch is okay. Now please guide me for next step . As i have no idea what could be faulty if its a part how much will it be.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
earthing the switch should have no effect whatsoever. If you earth the wire that attaches to it and the temp gauge goes up, the the sender is duff. Around a tenner from ford and simple to change

Back