Ford Focus 2002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have slight problem and would be gratefull for any advice, my Ford Focus front passenger door has stopped opening when i press the button on the key.............and also does not open when i manually open from the drivers side. The only way to gain access through that door is to either manually open with the key on that side or open the door from the inside.............would be truly happy with any info.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds as if the central locking actuator has failed inside the door, can you hear anything operating in the door when you unlock the car?

before you start buying parts 1st check the wires between bulkhead and door(inside rubber boot)fords like to strangle the wires so in time they snap,if so a quick resolder with heat shrink should do the job ;)

Sponsored Links
Before opening anything on the door do reprogram your existing key!

1. Insert a key and turn it to position 2 (dashboard lights come on BUT do not start car!!!) four times in 6 seconds

2. Switch off the ignition - a tone should sound to indicate it is now possible to program keys

3. Press any button on key - a tone should sound as confirmation

4. Repeat step 3 for ALL keys

5. Switch ignition to position 2 OR wait for 10 seconds to elapse after last key programming

I believe this should work and solve the problem.

Back