Ford Focus Central Locking Fob Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anybody please help. I have a 2002 ford focus 1800 TDCI. My fob wont work. I replaced the battery & got the fob tested, all ok & the key starts the car. I have tried reprogramming my fob to work the central locking. I get the first noise when i try to programme it, but i dont get the second noise & the light above the clock wont go into learning mode. After many hours looking on net i discovered that it may be GEM fault. I have been told to disconect this & clean it but not sure where it is exactly. It could be behind glove compartment. Can anybody please advise me or tell me what else the problem could be. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
just disconnect the car battery for a minute or so. it will reset the GEM. then try reprograming the fob with the ignition on-off sequence.

usually works. the GEM is a pretty reliable module, it just gets a tad confused quite easily.

Hi Davieboy, I tried what you said but still no luck. Don't know what else to do. Is it worth disconnecting GEM & cleaning it. If it is do you know where it is. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Back