Ford Focus misfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I have Ford Focus 2002 1.4 its started to have slight misfire when engine is warm and only when changing up gear at low revs, it stutters. I've changed the coil but still no better its still got the original ht leads on. I'm thinking now that when the engine is hot the leads which are old are breaking down, it had new plugs last year. It doesn't misfire when parked and has a good spark from all ht leads. Any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks to all

Jason

Sponsored Links
Is there any oil on the ends of the plug leads or are they wet when you pull them off the plug? Also if you shine a torch down into the plug well is there any obvious oil or water? If so could be either rocker box gasket leaking oil or core plugs leaking water.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hello all
I have Ford Focus 2002 1.4 its started to have slight misfire when engine is warm and only when changing up gear at low revs, it stutters. I've changed the coil but still no better its still got the original ht leads on. I'm thinking now that when the engine is hot the leads which are old are breaking down, it had new plugs last year. It doesn't misfire when parked and has a good spark from all ht leads. Any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks to all

Jason
I had same thing on a 2004 Mondeo. A website suggested HT leads or coil. HT leads slightly cheaper so did that first - no improvement. Changed the coil, that cured it.

Sponsored Links
Back