Ford Focus passenger door panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the inner door panel so I can replace the electric mirror.
I can see the the screws around the edge and the one behind the door handle. What else do I need to remove to gain access to inside the door.
I have the new mirror and it looks like it is held on by just one bolt.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
just be careful when u remove panel as you can break plastic clips behind panel no big deal tho

Thanks, what happens about the door catch (inside)? I have removed the screws around the edge and the one above the handle but the panel doesn't seem to want to come off

ive never taken a focus panel off but usually there are some pop in fasteners around the panel,a light pull of the panel is normally enough to release them

Sponsored Links
I'm still not sure what happens to the inside door handle, it must be attached to the outside handle. Is it attached by a cable or do I need to remove anything else?

You also need to take out the screws from around the door bin area along the sill line.

The surround to the handle will come out and the door panel will negotiate around the handle...the handle stays in situ - it does not need to come off.

The rubber strip will along the top will pop out and is a bugger to get back in on replacement and will take 60 attempts to get right and not jam the window. Just when you think you've got it right you need another 40 goes.

There are no pop fastners its all screws.

IIRC there might be some silicon type stuff holding it onto the door.

You've got me nervous now, think I might get someone to fit it for me, I'm getting too old to have all that hassle.

Its not difficult just one of those jobs that requires a "sweet spot" for it to all fall into place...

You need nothing more than a screwdriver. if you have electric windows dont just walk away with the door panel though as you will tear all the switch wiring out of the car.

Sponsored Links
Back