Ford Fusion Engine management light staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently had the ignition coil fail on my Fusion, and the engine management light came on when it failed The AA replaced it, plugged something in under the steering wheel, and turned off the Engine management light. A few days later the light came on again, called the AA again, and they said the computer said that the cat was faulty, but the AA man said not to worry, and turned the light off again. Now it's come back on. The car is running perfectly, can I turn off the light permanently somehow? Is the cat useless, or is there a sensor on it that could cause the light to stay on?
Thanks for your help folks,
Tony.

your email address has been removed, please note forum rule 7

Sponsored Links
If the post cat Lambda sensor is detecting an incorrect Lambda value due to a faulty/damaged cat then the light will probably stay on :(

Hiya,
Thanks for the reply, where would the Lamda sensor be found please, and is there any way of bypassing it?
Thanks,
Tony.

Sponsored Links
HI,
Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I'm due to trade in the car in two weeks time, and I really don't want to spend a fortune on a cat if I can avoid it. The dealer is charging me top price for my new car, and giving me a pretty poor price for my trade in, so I don't feel any guilt about making a temporary fix! If I didn't want the new car so bad it hurts I wouldn't trade in the old one and I'd get it fixed.
Thanks for the reply,
Tony.

tonybrentwood said:
HI,
Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I'm due to trade in the car in two weeks time, and I really don't want to spend a fortune on a cat if I can avoid it. The dealer is charging me top price for my new car, and giving me a pretty poor price for my trade in, so I don't feel any guilt about making a temporary fix! If I didn't want the new car so bad it hurts I wouldn't trade in the old one and I'd get it fixed.
Thanks for the reply,
Tony.

lol thats fair enough, i once traded in an old micra didn't bother telling them about the manifold starting to come loose(bolts snapped) and the fact the tax ran out a week previously. parked it in the carpark and drove the new car away quickly!

Back