Ford Ka - Air con compressor clutch

no they dont leak check they pull a vacuum of minus 15 psi

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a contradiction? I've had it done three times by Kwik fit on different cars and had no problems. I've had it done two times by "experts" on both occasions their work was a disaster.
well it looks like qwick swick have finally employed a real pro at 1 of their
shoppies
A vacuum leak check is not very reliable unless the car was full of gas before its serviced
And if it needs gas its got a leak

Sponsored Links
All Air con systems leak.
It doesn't need to be full of gas to be leak tested by vacuum. The system is vacuumed as part of the recharge process. Every system uses a different amount. They have to vacuum it all out before putting the correct amount back in. Vacuum testing is exactly the same as pressure testing only in reverse.
And by the way, I don't work for Kwik Fit.

a vacuum leak test will not pick up on small leaks as it is only vacuumed to -15 psi atmosphere pressure
when the system is pressure tested it is well over 15 psi this makes leak finding easy and saves gas from being wasted
And not all air con systems leak gas 95% of vehicles that do lose gas should have leaks repaired before refilling

Sponsored Links
I'll bet companies like that are crying out for intelligent people like you, who know better than them. I think your talents are wasted on the mere mortals that use this forum.

I'll bet companies like that are crying out for intelligent people like you, who know better than them. I think your talents are wasted on the mere mortals that use this forum.
had a training course with them 10 year or so ago you should see how good a cup of tea i make now
you sound like a tea & book kind of guy

Back