Ford Focus Air con repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an intermittent fault with the air con in my 52 plate Ford Focus 1.8 TDI. Gas pressure is fine, aircon works when I first switch it on, then at randon it starts to blow ambient air temp. It doesn't seem to be affected by engine speed or load. The Air con light stays on ok. I took it to ford and they mumbled that it may be somthing to do with the 'clutch / compressor assembly and then told me it would cost around £600 to investigate? Does anyone have any advice / suggestions?

Many thanks

Nickwi

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

I have an intermittent fault with the air con in my 52 plate Ford Focus 1.8 TDI. Gas pressure is fine, aircon works when I first switch it on, then at randon it starts to blow ambient air temp. It doesn't seem to be affected by engine speed or load. The Air con light stays on ok. I took it to ford and they mumbled that it may be somthing to do with the 'clutch / compressor assembly and then told me it would cost around £600 to investigate? Does anyone have any advice / suggestions?

Many thanks

Nickwi
yep could be the compressor coil or the relay mabe a bad earth
check for 12volt supply at compressor when it stops working with a 12 volt test light if it lights up its the coil (breakers yard £40- £100 for 2nd hnd compressor)
swap the relay with another 1 the same

Thank you very much for the advice.

I'll try this and lert you know how I get on.

Regards.

Sponsored Links
Back