Air Con Low pressure port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ford Focus Ghia 18.TD estate on a 52 plate

I am trying to add new refrigerant to eth air con and have bought the necessary kit etc etc
I cannot find to port to add the sealant One help site said it was beneath the passenger wing liner Having spent an age removing this I found it was not there after all
Summer is round the corner pleeease can someone help???

Thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
its on top of the receiver/dryer under the drivers side front wing.

best of luck with the kit, i presume its the aerosol kind? when it doesn't work and you take it to a garage, make sure you tell them you have used this stuff, as if it has any form of sealer in it, it will contaminate the gas in the garages air con service unit, and they wont be happy.

btw if it dont hold gas, look at the bottom of the condenser. it a very common weak point on focus.

it would be quicker to list the parts that are probably ok on a 02 focus a/c system

Sponsored Links
Never mind "topping up" the AC, its not that simple when its professionally serviced. They will deep vacuum the system - suck everything out, including contaminants, leak test it, and then add new refrigerant to the correct pressure. All you're doing is adding new to old. Not a very cost effective move, since it will still need servicing.

Back