Ford Focus air con

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ford Focus 1.6 its just under two years and done under 10,000 miles. The air con is not blowing cold air. A friend has suggested a blocked pollen filter, where can I find the filter? Do you know how much a garage would charge to replace (approx)

Sponsored Links
First off, when you press the button for the aircon, does it have a light on it that should illuminate? Also, when its pressed do you hear something click and do the engine revs dip slightly for a moment?

Hi

The aircon light comes on, not sure I have heard the click or drop in engine revs

If your light is coming on then you've got a starting point. It may be a case of a leak in the system somewhere. As the car is only a couple of years old and done very few miles, it may be worth having a word with the place you bought it from to see if it is covered by the warrantee.

Sponsored Links
Your air con is almost certainly short of gas ,you must run the air con at least once a month even in winter otherwise the gas leaks out of the shaft seal.

unfortunately you will have to take it to an air con specalist who will charge you about £60 .

I am a refrigeration engineer by the way

Remember run it for five minutes a week to maintain the gas charge.

Or you can buy a refrigerant charging kit from Halfords and do it yourself

Kwik fit do it for £45

coldfinger said:
Or you can buy a refrigerant charging kit from Halfords and do it yourself

Kwik fit do it for £45

Avoid kwik fit like the plague. I wouldnt trust that bunch of clowns to wash my car, let alone do something to it.

Saying that, the kits you get from Halfraud$ can be quite usefull - as long as you use the low pressure inlet port.

Back