Ford KA horn not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My horn has stopped working. What's the most likely cause of the problem, and if I have to remove it how do I do that. I've had it up on ramps and it looks as though there isn't any wires going to the horn, and it also looks like a bit of a pig to remove .

Any helpful advice welcomed

Martin Noakes

Sponsored Links
if it looks like there are no wires perhaps thats the reason it doesnt work.

i once did a car alarm (silly me) and got a complint the car horn was not working since.

truth was it wasnt working before, but owner (and i ) never tried it

I know this to be a fact because i took the car horn off took it apart and it was all coroded.

my point is yours my be coroded too

Should be at least one wire going to the horn. Usually they use the chassis of the horn as an earth to the bodywork. If there's no wires, then there is the problem!

has the horn ever worked? if so then the likley hood is you just havent seen the wires to the horn. have you checked the obvious, ie the fuse, if thats ok get a multimeter and check there is voltage to the wires when the horn is operated, if not there is likely to be a prob with the switch that activates the horn

Sponsored Links
if you can access the wire, then if you need to replace the horn then feel free to bolt it to somewhere more accessible. And extend the existing wire, check the fuse too, it wil be labeled in your fuse box.

Back