Ford Ka problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 98 "R" Ka and i'm having a problem with it?...the problem is that first thing in the morning it runs fine....(it's like a little rocket.... :D :D )....but as the day goes on it gets slower and slower. Also after it has warmed up the engine is very eratic, it either idles fast and then slow and when i brake for traffic the engine races? It is also using a shed load of fuel at the same time.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

If anyone has had the same problem and can help that would be great.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
At a guess i would say the temp sender is shafted (one that controls the fuel/air mixture)
Also be worth spraying some carb cleaner through the air intake. Can get it from halfrauds for a couple of quid.
When was the car last serviced?

i had similar problem where car would rev up when in neutral e.g. clutch in at traffic lights. Took it to ford and needed a new connector between ECU and engine. sorry cant remember what it was for but apparently they was a crap design and melted eventually. so they fitted a new redesigned version. apparently doesn't happen to every ka so wasn't a recall. so that might be the prob. Does get you some dodgy looks when your sat at the lights with the engine screaming for a minute or so.

das dave said:
Does get you some dodgy looks when your sat at the lights with the engine screaming for a minute or so.
at least you aint gonna stall it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
a lot of KAs have faults with idle control valves. When sat idleing and u blip it, when the revs come back down they die as cant regulate it.

Not sure if u get this tho?

Back