ford van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a ford fiesta with a box on the back kinda van and the problem i have is when i turn key to start it doenst do anything just makes a nosie like hoover to best explain it and ideas what could be the problem is

Sponsored Links
Sounds as though the starter is not engaging. Petrol or diesel?

yeah give the starter a smack with a hammer,if it still dont work get someone to do it while you are trying to start it.

Diesel will try with hammer in mornin and let u know what happend can anyone post a pic of what am ment to be hitting cheers

Sponsored Links
The starter is the round cylindrical thing on the front lower part of the engine, centrally - with a heavy electric cable going into it.
Make sure your battery is fully charged too - a good whack is an age old AA trick of shocking the thing back into life...temporarily.
John :)

The starter is the round cylindrical thing on the front lower part of the engine, centrally - with a heavy electric cable going into it.
Make sure your battery is fully charged too - a good whack is an age old AA trick of shocking the thing back into life...temporarily.
John :)

or in my case about 4 mths with a renault laguna,still it was with a good hammer an 'estwing' :LOL:

Back