Fordham cistern and parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what I believe to be a Fordham Flush Panel cistern in a utility area; rather ancient I know but still in pretty good order. The flush is playing up a bit, however, seemingly due to the siphon being rather stiff. The diaphragm is OK (no splits etc) so I decided to replace the whole siphon.

I got one online, said to be specifically for this model, but the threads on the unit are too wide to go through the hole in the bottom of the cistern. Widening the hole would not be feasible as this would weaken the bottom of the cistern too much (the immediate area around the whole is strengthened). But in any case the bottom of the siphon itself is lower than the threads so a seal could not be made.

All other replacement siphons online look identical to the one I bought and my local suppliers cannot help.

Speaking to these local suppliers and local plumbers they are of the opinion that there are no suitable replacement siphons for these cisterns.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan

This photo in my album (cottontop67photos) is from the Lunns site. The siphon looks identical to the the one I bought from another site. I don't see at the moment how I can load the photo directly into this reply, sorry.

I've reassembled the old siphon into the cistern as an interim working solution so cannot supply a photo of the original.

Trevor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back