Formula 1 championship decider on Sunday.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sky are allowing C4 to show the race live. Both Hamilton and Verstappen are level on points so it is a real championship decider that's going to the wire. Getting a bit fed up with Hamilton and his slave owners stance while taking money from Mercedes with their links to the Nazi party and their past forced labour regime but Verstappen is a whining, cheating little s hit so I'm rooting for Hamilton and an unprecedented 8th title. If they both go off in a 'racing incident' Verstappen will win the title so I wouldn't put it past him to try to engineer one.

Race starts at 1pm. Should be full of drama.

Edit: Before the haters come on, if you don't like F1, feel free to not watch it!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I like F1 and I’m looking forward to Sunday’s race.
I agree with your comments on Verstappen, he loses the plot at times, then squeals like a stuck pig.
I get fed up with Hamilton too, I don’t see home as being black, with a name like he’s got, he must be Scottish, he should celebrate that instead of being black.

Verstappen will take Hamilton off, and then if both DNF he wins
I agree there is a good chance the Verstappen will take Hamilton out, but if he does the stewards will penalise him in a way that Hamilton will win the championship.

Sponsored Links
Like a 10 second time penalty last time , so it did not change his position.
No, it'll be a stronger punishment if Verstappen hits or forces hamilton off the track in such a way that Verstappen would win the championship.

Thank the Lord for Channel 4 catch up.
I'm out all afternoon, from 1.00 pm, don't expect to be home until 7.00 pm at least, and I can't get out of that rendezvous.
I was planning to hope to catch Ch4 highlights, and when I heard they were showing it live, my heart sank.
I didn't expect there still to be highlights, there are, but I think they're on a bit earlier than normal.
So if I am, by any chance, home in time to catch the tail end of the highlights, I'm gonna have to restrain myself and watch the whole race, as though live, but on catch-up.

No, it'll be a stronger punishment if Verstappen hits or forces hamilton off the track in such a way that Verstappen would win the championship.
I'm not sure your post makes much sense.
Whatever penalty they apply, if MV finishes and LH does not, and it's judged MV's fault, it will be a MV champion.
It doesn't matter how severe the penalty, they can't prevent MV being champion in the possible case of MV finishing, LH DNF and it's judged to be MV's fault.
They can't take away points (nor victories) already awarded.
If they both DNF, then it'll be a MV champion, whatever penalty is applied.
If MV finishes and LH does not, it's a MV champion, whatever penalty is applied.
If LH finishes (in the points) and MV does not, it's a LH champion. Even if LH is judged to be at fault, they cannot apply a penalty to prevent LH as champion, other than a time penalty to put LH outside the points.

All they could do, if MV and LH DNF, and it is judged MV's fault, is to fine, penalise with penalty points on licence, etc.
They can't apply a penalty which could prevent a MV champion, nor transfer any penalty onto next season, it's a new season next year.
They can apply a penalty that might make MV think twice next time, but that's hardly likely to work, and he can afford it and it wouldn't change the result this year.

MV has nothing to lose, and he's already demonstrated he doesn't much care about his 'course etiquette'.
Whereas LH must finish in front of MV to win the championship.

I'm rooting for verstappen just because I'm bored of ham and Merc.

Next year I'm rooting for Russell and Norris

I'm not sure your post makes much sense.
Whatever penalty they apply, if MV finishes and LH does not, and it's judged MV's fault, it will be a MV champion.
It doesn't matter how severe the penalty, they can't prevent MV being champion in the possible case of MV finishing, LH DNF and it's judged to be MV's fault.
They can't take away points (nor victories) already awarded.
If they both DNF, then it'll be a MV champion, whatever penalty is applied.
If MV finishes and LH does not, it's a MV champion, whatever penalty is applied.
If LH finishes (in the points) and MV does not, it's a LH champion. Even if LH is judged to be at fault, they cannot apply a penalty to prevent LH as champion, other than a time penalty to put LH outside the points.

All they could do, if MV and LH DNF, and it is judged MV's fault, is to fine, penalise with penalty points on licence, etc.
They can't apply a penalty which could prevent a MV champion, nor transfer any penalty onto next season, it's a new season next year.
They can apply a penalty that might make MV think twice next time, but that's hardly likely to work, and he can afford it and it wouldn't change the result this year.

MV has nothing to lose, and he's already demonstrated he doesn't much care about his 'course etiquette'.
Whereas LH must finish in front of MV to win the championship.
Quote from Michael Masi

'But while F1 race director Masi says he cannot stop the Dutchman, or Hamilton for that matter, from causing a collision, there are provisions in place to penalise the guilty party.

And that could cost him the championship.

“I can’t control the actions of the two individuals, only they can,” he told the Daily Mail.

“But within the regulations we have penalties, be it time or grid penalties.

“In addition, the International Sporting Code has provision for the stewards to disqualify a competitor or dock championship points.

“So, yes, Max could be deducted points, as could any team. We hope it isn’t necessary, but it is one of the tools available. I will remind all the teams and drivers of these provisions.”'

Quote from Michael Masi

'But while F1 race director Masi says he cannot stop the Dutchman, or Hamilton for that matter, from causing a collision, there are provisions in place to penalise the guilty party.

And that could cost him the championship.

“I can’t control the actions of the two individuals, only they can,” he told the Daily Mail.

“But within the regulations we have penalties, be it time or grid penalties.

“In addition, the International Sporting Code has provision for the stewards to disqualify a competitor or dock championship points.

“So, yes, Max could be deducted points, as could any team. We hope it isn’t necessary, but it is one of the tools available. I will remind all the teams and drivers of these provisions.”'
In the scenario of LH and MV DNF, and it is judged to be MV's fault, no time or grid penalty would prevent a MV champion.
I can't see how points could be deducted from previous races. Any outstanding issues have already been discussed and settled.
If they did deduct points for previous races, (excluding contentious issues pertaining to that race) it would be the first time and set a precedent.
If MV does not finish, there would be no points to be deducted for this race.
Any ban from a race wouldn't apply until the next season and could not affect this years championship.
There is no penalty that could be applied which would deprive MV of the championship.
Well, there might be, but I very much doubt they would go there. And it would have to be a very clear, and undoubted unsportsmanship like action.

Last edited:
There is no penalty that could be applied which would deprive MV of the championship.
Well, there might be, but I very much doubt they would go there. And it would have to be a very clear, and undoubted unsportsmanship like action.
Similar penalties have been applied before.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_European_Grand_Prix

I don't know if they'll have the will to impose any such penalty if it's merited, but it is precedented.

If I recall correctly

Schmaker took Damion Hill out of a race which won him an F1 title ?

Sponsored Links
Back