Formula 1 championship decider on Sunday.

Wasn't Rosberg already at Mercedes when Hamilton joined?

Bottas's performance has declined over the last 2 years. Previous years he was pushing Hamilton. This year and last he's been no where near.

yes upto the point Lewis joined the team Rosberg although well respected wasn't really considered championship material, he was there for consistency, Schumacher was already passed his best when he came out of retirement and drove alongside Rosberg.

That all changed when hamilton joined, Hamilton was supposed to come in and wipe the floor with Rosberg, which didnt happen, everyone was surprised how far Rosberg pushed lewis, it also made lewis stand up and take notice. This forced lewis to start mind games off track as he has done with previous team mates who have been a bit close for comfort (he tried it with Button, but Button shrugged him off). This is where Rosberg struggled and the reason why, when rosberg finally scored his championship he waved good bye, it wasnt good for his health he'd proved his point and didnt feel the need to do it any more, especially as he had a family by then.

Sponsored Links
That all changed when hamilton joined, Hamilton was supposed to come in and wipe the floor with Rosberg, which didnt happen, everyone was surprised how far Rosberg pushed lewis, it also made lewis stand up and take notice. This forced lewis to start mind games off track as he has done with previous team mates who have been a bit close for comfort (he tried it with Button, but Button shrugged him off). This is where Rosberg struggled and the reason why, when rosberg finally scored his championship he waved good bye, it wasnt good for his health he'd proved his point and didnt feel the need to do it any more, especially as he had a family by then.
Hmmm,
LH got a championship before JB did.
LH already had 1 championship before he joined Mercedes. NR had none, even while at Mercedes. When LH joined Mercedes he gained 2 championships before NR got 1.
Then LH went on to get 4 more. The facts belie your observation.
JB and NR (and others before them) have settled for just one championship, then took a back seat. LH is hungry for more. (and others before him: AS, MS, SV, AP, FA, NP, et al) And no doubt MV will be hungry for more.

Edit: Maybe another factor was the relative ages of the drivers when they took their first championship, JB - 29, NR - 31, whereas the other multiple WCs were much younger, LH - 23, MV - 25, MS - 25, FA - 24

Last edited:
Hmmm,
LH got a championship before JB did.
LH already had 1 championship before he joined Mercedes. NR had none, even while at Mercedes. When LH joined Mercedes he gained 2 championships before NR got 1.
Then LH went on to get 4 more. The facts belie your observation.
JB and NR (and others before them) have settled for just one championship, then took a back seat. LH is hungry for more. (and others before him: AS, MS, SV, AP, FA, NP, et al) And no doubt MV will be hungry for more.

Edit: Maybe another factor was the relative ages of the drivers when they took their first championship, JB - 29, NR - 31, whereas the other multiple WCs were much younger, LH - 23, MV - 25, MS - 25, FA - 24

i've no idea what you do when you read posts, you twist them to something that wasnt said.

Jenson raced lewis for 3 years in the same team. button was very close to lewis in terms of race results beating lewis on points over a 3 year period, and season 2 when button had a stella year against lewis, lewis started trying to play the mind games, but button didnt react or retaliate just got on with his job and left lewis to it. it says as much in Buttons biography. regardless of whether lewis got his championship first, button joined on equal terms.

regarding rosberg, i stated that rosberg wasnt expected to be the pace he was and lewis was shocked, and started with the mind games. The games started when lewis used an engine mode he wasnt supposed to, which irritated rosberg and then so the games between the 2x started. Rosberg quit when he did because he couldnt take the intense pressure and mind games. Unlike Lewis who is as cool as a cucumber when it comes to being under pressure.

i've no idea what you do when you read posts, you twist them to something that wasnt said.
It's easy to give the wrong impression with a few misplaced or poorly chosen words. I've done it myself. But I don't then blame the other person for 'twisting' something I did say. I recognise and accept that I'd given the wrong impression and clarify my comments.

Jenson raced lewis for 3 years in the same team. button was very close to lewis in terms of race results beating lewis on points over a 3 year period, and season 2 when button had a stella year against lewis, lewis started trying to play the mind games, but button didnt react or retaliate just got on with his job and left lewis to it. it says as much in Buttons biography. regardless of whether lewis got his championship first, button joined on equal terms.
Of course it would say that in JB's autobiography. :rolleyes:

iregarding rosberg, i stated that rosberg wasnt expected to be the pace he was and lewis was shocked, and started with the mind games.
Your opinion based on JB's autobiography. :rolleyes:
NR didn't have the pace for two years to match LH. Despite NR's familiarity with the car and the team.

i The games started when lewis used an engine mode he wasnt supposed to, which irritated rosberg
Any links to this episode. And if NR was so easily irritated, maybe he wasn't cut out for it.

iand then so the games between the 2x started.
Again just your opinion based on JB's autobiography. :rolleyes:

Rosberg quit when he did because he couldnt take the intense pressure and mind games. Unlike Lewis who is as cool as a cucumber when it comes to being under pressure.
That is probably why some are content with just one title, and others are hungry for more.
But I think the age of the driver is also very important. As I've pointed out, those that are hungry for more are young drivers at the time of their first title. Those that are content with just the one are older.

Sponsored Links
It's easy to give the wrong impression with a few misplaced or poorly chosen words. I've done it myself. But I don't then blame the other person for 'twisting' something I did say. I recognise and accept that I'd given the wrong impression and clarify my comments.

Of course it would say that in JB's autobiography. :rolleyes: it's not just JB though it's been discussed at length by Hamilton's team mates, not just JB.

Your opinion based on JB's autobiography. :rolleyes:
NR didn't have the pace for two years to match LH. Despite NR's familiarity with the car and the team. NR did have the pace for the most part, hence the rivalry between the 2.

Any links to this episode. And if NR was so easily irritated, maybe he wasn't cut out for it.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/motors...hind-hamiltonrosberg-feud-20140527-zrp6j.html

Again just your opinion based on JB's autobiography. :rolleyes: - jb didnt race for merc, there was no feud between jb and lewis as JB didnt react and just let lewis skulk about. In JB's book he says he pulled lewis up on it which stopped the games pretty quickly, but that lewis never really warmed to him again after that.

That is probably why some are content with just one title, and others are hungry for more.
But I think the age of the driver is also very important. As I've pointed out, those that are hungry for more are young drivers at the time of their first title. Those that are content with just the one are older. yes thats probably aa fair point of view

If you respond like that it's not possible to continue the discussion.

it's not just JB though it's been discussed at length by Hamilton's team mates, not just JB.
Which teammates? Bear in mind JB's book has been out for 4 years.

NR did have the pace for the most part, hence the rivalry between the 2.
But it was two years that NR lost out to the new member of the team.

jb didnt race for merc, there was no feud between jb and lewis as JB didnt react and just let lewis skulk about. In JB's book he says he pulled lewis up on it which stopped the games pretty quickly, but that lewis never really warmed to him again after that.
I never suggested he did race for Merc'.
Skulk about? was that from JB's autobiography, or did you think up that word?
Of course JB would paint himself in a better light. That's human nature.
And of course F1 drivers will have excuses why they didn't match the greats.

Last edited:
Back