Formula 1 championship decider on Sunday.

I suspect many F1 fans are looking forward to the comparison between LH and GR, but without your obvious bigoted view.
Oh the irony. You're desperate for attention aren't you.

Tell me (ignoring the fact im going along with your baiting for a moment) what did you make of the Schumacher years? Did you enjoy all of them? How did you feel about Schumacher?

Sponsored Links
I suspect many F1 fans are looking forward to the comparison between LH and GR, but without your obvious bigoted view.

After George Russell's stand in performance for Hamilton when he had Covid I think he will make a good sparring partner. I just hope that Mercedes don't 'dumb' down his chances of being equal or better than Hamilton, which I think, rightly or wrongly, that this is what often happens when a new member joins a team. They don't get the support they need or deserve because the incumbent seems to be the leader. If the new incomer shows promise, or even equal on performance, then he should be given the same opportunities to lead.

After George Russell's stand in performance for Hamilton when he had Covid I think he will make a good sparring partner. I just hope that Mercedes don't 'dumb' down his chances of being equal or better than Hamilton, which I think, rightly or wrongly, that this is what often happens when a new member joins a team. They don't get the support they need or deserve because the incumbent seems to be the leader. If the new incomer shows promise, or even equal on performance, then he should be given the same opportunities to lead.
I don't think that Nico Rosberg was treated any differently to LH.
I suspect that Mercedes have a genuine desire for open and fair competition, possibly for the benefit of F1 in general.
I think that Toto's act (when he retires) will be a hard act to follow.

Sponsored Links
I agree with you about Nico Rosberg but Hamilton had only won the title twice before Rosberg leaving. Rosberg achieved his goal of winning a championship and decided to call it quits.

I just hope that Mercedes don't 'dumb' down his chances of being equal or better than Hamilton, which I think, rightly or wrongly, that this is what often happens when a new member joins a team.
I don't think it worked that way when Hamilton joined McClaren and Alonso spat his dummy out.

No my point was Hamilton didn't have a clutch of titles under his belt when Rosberg joined so Hamilton didn't have the 'power' he has today. Rosberg was under no illusion he was 'supposed' to play second fiddle to LH but it was not in the contract. Therefore he went out to achieve what he wanted to achieve, which he did in his fourth year, and it did cause some bad feelings behind the scenes. He wasn't bothered, he had achieved what he wanted to achieve so he quit. When Bottas joined it was made perfectly clear who would be second driver and he pretty much abided by that. But once he had decided to leave did anyone notice his overall performance seemed to improve? It was as though he was silently saying, 'This is what I could have done for the team a long time ago. Your loss." Thats the way I see it with Bottas.

No my point was Hamilton didn't have a clutch of titles under his belt when Rosberg joined so Hamilton didn't have the 'power' he has today. Rosberg was under no illusion he was 'supposed' to play second fiddle to LH but it was not in the contract.
If it was not in the contract, then what makes you think it was an informal requirement. It can only possibly the rumour mill swirling around, probably motivated by tribalism, and nothing else.

Therefore he went out to achieve what he wanted to achieve, which he did in his fourth year, and it did cause some bad feelings behind the scenes. He wasn't bothered, he had achieved what he wanted to achieve so he quit.
Oh come on conny, there's other possibilities than your simplistic analysis, which you would be foolish to ignore.
Let's also not forget that Nico was ensconced in Mercedes before LH joined. So if your theory had any legs, it would follow that for the first years NR would have enjoyed the number 1 spot in the team (after MS left).

When Bottas joined it was made perfectly clear who would be second driver and he pretty much abided by that. But once he had decided to leave did anyone notice his overall performance seemed to improve? It was as though he was silently saying, 'This is what I could have done for the team a long time ago. Your loss." Thats the way I see it with Bottas.
What improvement in performance? I see Bottas having achieved a less than mediocre performance in the latter stage of his career with Mercedes.
For sure all drivers have on and off days/tracks/weekends etc.
It's consistency that wins titles.
Admittedly Bottas was the best of the rest for 2021 season. But compared to LH's record, his performance has been mediocre.
Bottas's best years were 2019 and 2020 (in fact for all of his Mercedes career), but to be fair he did have an upheaval in his personal life in 2019.

Last edited:
No my point was Hamilton didn't have a clutch of titles under his belt when Rosberg joined so Hamilton didn't have the 'power' he has today. Rosberg was under no illusion he was 'supposed' to play second fiddle to LH but it was not in the contract. Therefore he went out to achieve what he wanted to achieve, which he did in his fourth year, and it did cause some bad feelings behind the scenes. He wasn't bothered, he had achieved what he wanted to achieve so he quit. When Bottas joined it was made perfectly clear who would be second driver and he pretty much abided by that. But once he had decided to leave did anyone notice his overall performance seemed to improve? It was as though he was silently saying, 'This is what I could have done for the team a long time ago. Your loss." Thats the way I see it with Bottas.
Wasn't Rosberg already at Mercedes when Hamilton joined?

Bottas's performance has declined over the last 2 years. Previous years he was pushing Hamilton. This year and last he's been no where near.

Wasn't Rosberg already at Mercedes when Hamilton joined?
Yes, so as I have just said, by conny's reasoning NR would have been the natural number 1 in the team when LH joined.

Bottas's performance has declined over the last 2 years. Previous years he was pushing Hamilton. This year and last he's been no where near.
Bottas split with his wife in 2019.
LH split with Nicole in 2015 (I think) Nico won the championship in 2016.

Now I'm not making any argument for cause and effect. Just tittle tattle.

Sponsored Links
Back