Fortic shower solution...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I seem to be on the wrong end of a Fortic tank situation, which lives directly behind my downstairs bathroom. Refering to the Fortic literature, it seems to offer a huge 20l cold capacity and be rather unsuitable for any sort of shower pump (despite the former owners fitting a dual impellor type with the cold connected straight from the mains, which I believe to be wrong?).

Anyhow, if anyone knows of a pump suitable, I would be most appreciative for any advice. Failing that, does anyone know of a concealed electric power shower that may suit a 'cottage style property' or at least a decent flush fitting type.

Sorry, I should add that I have tried to source a solution but I'm hoping someone somewhere has made something brilliant this week...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Dan,

Please forgive my ignorance here, but does that require any pipework running to the loft to supply some sort of head of pressure? The bathroom area is in a flat roof extension which would be a bit tricky to run pipes to the loft. I'm just guessing the previous swines put the fortic thing in for ease?

Can`t understand why you have a fortic cylinder yet you have a loft???

You can install header tank in your loft to feed cylinder below then fit a power shower pump.

Sponsored Links
gassafesam

Can`t understand why you have a fortic cylinder yet you have a loft???

I do have a loft, however, the bathroom is in a flat roof extension to a 'two up two down' period cottage built from flint materials almost impervious to modern drilling technology. Hence, I would prefer to avoid running pipework to the loft (rafter integrity unknown for large volumes of water).

Difficult to say how feasible it is without seeing it - but an Unvented should be doable - but you will have to get a safety discharge pipe dealt with.

If you have a loft,then it is practical,end of story..

an Unvented should be doable - but you will have to get a safety discharge pipe dealt with.

Dan, thanks for the reply, is this likely to be an expensive option oposed to the electric shower option?

If you have a loft,then it is practical,end of story..

I do appreciate that most people seem to be in favour of the loft tank solution, however, whilst all things are possible, not all things are practical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back