Replacing electric shower in flat. Advice Needed Please!

Unfortunately, I'm almost certain that I won't be permitted to install an unvented cylinder. The building is owned by an association and is grade 2 listed.

Doing a simple check on the cold water mains pressure yesterday evening, a 1 litre container was filled in 2.8 seconds. Severn Trent Water have insisted that this more than meets their service requirements.

Thanks again for all of your comments and suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I know it's been a few weeks since I posted this, but bathroom work is about to get underway, and I have just been given permission to install an unvented cylinder.

As my flat is in a grade II listed building, I expect that the cylinder will need to discharge to the soil stack. The cupboard housing my Fortic F1 cylinder is in a bedroom adjacent to the bathroom, so the soil stack would seem to be within easy piping reach. Could any of you recommend a good mid-priced direct cylinder (approx. 210 litre) and a G3 certified installer in the Birmingham area? Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back