Forum suggestion...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having a look through the building forum today (very interesting thread on RSJ purlins) and was suddenly struck on how much I have picked up over the last couple of years.

For example, I thought I knew what a purlin was, but only after browsing through this site, do I actually know.

Would it be benificial to have on this site a glossary of terms including pictures that people could use as a reference, or link to etc?

What say you?

Sponsored Links
Good idea, I like it.

I've started a new link in the Forum Info section see here.

We can use it temporarily until I get something more permanent running.

Feel free to add entries or to suggest works to be entered.

:D

Cool,
glad you like the idea! I gues the best way would be to have a glossary under each forum type, and made sticky?

I guess it would also be best to keep it locked and only let moderators edit the list?

Might be nice to include the contributors name too. I mention no names (you know who you are!) but some people deserve some recognition for their efforts.
notworthy.gif

Sponsored Links
Thanks Masona.
Have saved them on my desktop but can you tell me how I can insert them in e mails. :oops:

I don't know that one but will ask my son's tonight as they have it on theirs e-mail unless someone beat me to it here.

If you type in "email smiley" in google, there's loads of free downloading smiley's and may also tell you how to do it.

Whenever I see an emoticon I like, I just right-click and save it to my pooter (create a folder for them it's easier to find them) then whenever I update my own website I just add the to my smilie page, that way I can link to them when I post here (or elsewhere).

Regards emoticons in emails (outlook express) insert> picture> browse> then select the folder and double click on the required file.

Hope that helps

MMJ

MMJ + Masona.
The result is :evil:
I have got a folder full of smileys but can't get them to work :cry:
Please, please, tell me how to insert in e mails

I've started a new link in the Forum Info section see here.

very good - all knowledge base stuff is hugely useful - 'hints and tips/techniques', F.A.Qs, etc.

any chance of a 'useful links' section too? For example, I've found myself posting the full building regs site a lot in replies...

BAHCO said:
Hi Masona
I'm using Outlook Express on broadband Telewest :)
Just spoken to my son and he not sure it can be done on Outlook Express because the way Mircosoft software is set up but he said try this, copy & paste the jpg files onto "Paint" to create a picture and save it, then transfer the picture to the email.

The others might know here on the "computer" > Sotware section

Open a create new message, (with the cursor in the message area) click on insert, then picture:
step1.jpg

When the picture dialogue box appears, click on the 'browse' button:
step2.jpg

Navigate to the correct folder where your emoticons are stored, then select one and click open:
step3.jpg

Step back and wonder at the marvel of technology, that allows grown men to get excited about ickle pictures that move... :oops:

:D HTH!

Sponsored Links
Back