Foul drain - minimum fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been reading about recommended falls for foul drains and as far as I can tell they are anywhere between 1 in 40 and 1 in 80. According to Wyre Council they can be anywhere between 1 in 40 and 1 in 110.

For my scheme I think I can manage around 1 in 60.

Would this be adequate?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links

If I am reading this correctly my peak flow would be on average around 2.5 litres per second (according to table 5). In reality it might be a bit more as it is a fairly large house and there are 4 of us but even if I look at the next estimate up it is only 3.5 litres per second.

Then looking at Table 6 if you have a peak flow above 1 litre per second, which I will, then with 100mm pipe I can have a fall of 1 in 80.

I should be able to manage this as basically I have a septic tank about 60m away and a ground level near the house 1.2m above this level.

Thanks for the reference.

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back