Toilet soil pipe fall

W

walkern

Hello,
I've done my drains and the building controller is round on Monday, just wanted to check something.

On my run from toilet to waste (downstairs toilet) I have a fall of 150mm over 9m. I've calculated this as being 1:60 gradient, or 17mm fall every metre.

Is this ok? I think I've read that anywhere from 1:40 to 1:110 is ok and 18mm every metre is the starting point (from what I can find online anyway).
rps20170513_161056red.jpg
rps20170513_160949red.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That's seems like a reasonable amount of fall. We have successfully laid drains with less. He may not like that bend in the run though.

There's a small bend from the toilet end, in the first picture. I figured this would be ok...

Sponsored Links
Yeah it will be.
You should not have 90 degree bends but 30/15deg is fine.

It would have been better however to use pea gravel (river bed rounded etc) not angular gavel.
You'll also need to protect those pipes with a hard surface over the top (due to the depth) but I guess you are going to do a path so you'll be alright.

Well, I was told this is washed and 'made' especially for this job and better than pea gravel.

It should do at £35 a ton. Five more than my sharp and tenner more than mot 1.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated.

It's going going to make any difference now but pea gravel is self compacting/flowing and easier to move where as 1 inch clean can clump. BR says 5-10mm stone. You could have bedded it in sand also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back