toilet waste pipe fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a downstairs toilet installed. Its 4 meters from the toilet to the soil stack. what is the minimum fall need from the toilet waste pipe into the soil stack.
Thank you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Straight 4m pipe from behind the wc - ( bent pan connector) 50mm higher @ WC than T into soil stack ;) That really is the min. with these low water flushes. should be steeper but that`s a real world scenario using one length of pipe

Minimum required under Building Regs is 18mm/metre or total 72mm for a 4m length pipe; personally I try not to go less than 25mm/metre.

I assume you are aware that installing a new W/C is controlled building work, subject to several Building Regs. should be notified & inspected (fee involved). If is to be inspected, the BI won’t pass it if the fall is less than the minimum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back