New soil pipe

What on earth is that combobulation?

You should have dug the trench aiming directly for the new junction on the existing clay pipe.

The new plastic chamber bottom should have been fitted in place of the new junction and your new pipe going into one of the new chamber inlets.

That whole 'mess' you have there is over complicated and is a liability now that you have stuck that flexi-connector in the way.

Sponsored Links
Nose is right that is a terrible set-up. You should as he mentions replace your
T-branch with that chamber and then direct your new pipe into one of the chamber inlets.

If your heart is set on not replacing your branch with the chamber an acceptable compromise would be to at least have your chamber on a straight length of pipe coming out of your branch. Then simply extend your new pipe to meet the chamber and use the appropriate 30 or 45 degree bend to make the two line up.

That way if the pipe blocks you can rod the branch from the chamber. As you have it at the minute if you had a blockage (which you would using that flexi in that shape) you could never get a rod around those bends to clear it.

Much better, that will be fine. The perfect solution would be the chamber on the clay pipe run but what you have no shouldn't give any trouble. More importantly if it does you at least have a chance to get a rod round that branch.

Sponsored Links
You'd be surprised what some folk think is acceptable when it comes to drainage, believe me....

That looks quite a neat job, if you've got the falls right then you shouldn't have a problem. I'd put some concrete under and around the chamber base though once you're settled on position. Stops it moving.

I`d put that inspection . right up against the branch - then a jet could go both ways if needed - you won`t get a rod round that branch ;)

Seem a few of their 'ideas' Nige, the mind does boggle somewhat.... :LOL:

Best one i've seen in a while was a 'Plumber' who put a new connection for a WC into an existing chamber, directly above the outlet.... (Along with plenty of other horrors....) I went round to see what I could salvage, when asked who the 'plumber' was, it aspired he was their window cleaner doing a bit of moonlighting..... :rolleyes:

Those pipes look very close to the surface. Dozens of sewer runs froze solid at the last big freeze up.
That freeze up penetrated at least a few feet into the ground.

Whether that ice formed in the exposed vertical stack or from solids freezing lower down on the horizontal run I have no idea.

Building regs Part H states minimum cover off 150mm. Buts that with regard to crushing impacts from above and not frost afaik.

Either way I would want them a lot lower regardless off what the regs state.
When your sitting in the house and no toilet and no whin bushes in the garden then you really are in deep sh*t.

In Lithunia pipes are buried 2m. Thats because they have sustained -20 temperatures day and night in winter time.

Yeas pipe are close to surface about 10-15 cm but most of the time they probably be dray as it will only be used when some one in sauna and needs WC other then that also washing machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back