Foul pipe and bends - need inspection point?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting in a foul for a new bathroom in an extension I'm having built. Building Control have been booked but I'm a little concerned and need some advice.

This is how it goes:

I have an inspection point in the back garden, I have taken a run off one of the capped outlets, the pipe then runs parallel with the house for 1.1m. I then put in a 45 bend and shoot off the where the stack & vent will be, this is a 5m run (all 1:40 rise & 100mm pea gravel surround).

H1 states "Any bends should be limited to positions in or close to inspection chambers"

Do you think 1.1m can be classed as "close to" an inspection chamber. My view is you can rod from both ends (inspection chamber & rodding point I will put in the stack) and its close to the chamber.

Any thoughts on how Building Control will see this?

Sponsored Links
I believe you need an I C or rodding point whenever the pipes change direction. This is probably due to experience over the years of blockage problems. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back