Found mould on new skirting - is this serious ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found a dry powdery green mould on some areas of our skirting downstairs - should I be worried about this ?

Some background:-

The skirting (primed MDF) was installed about 6 weeks ago. Prior to that we had the whole house replastered and damp proofed. The house spent the entire winter without any heating and thus got very damp inside. We now have heating, the plastering is dry, and we're installing door frames and skirting ready for painting.

Have we got a serious damp problem though ? or can this be put down to the house still drying out ?.

The mould can be easily wiped off leaving no trace.

Sponsored Links
you have answerd your own question
damp cold wet = mould
remove the cold and damp problem solved

you have answerd your own question
damp cold wet = mould
remove the cold and damp problem solved

I didnt make it clear but the heating was installed and running about 2 months before the skirting was installed.

Sponsored Links
Did you have the windows open or a de-humiderfier running when the heating was turned on?-if not that would explain the mould.Wipe off the fungus ,crank up the heating,open the widows and I say it wont return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back