Found this at home today!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed an electric car charging point from inside our garage today. This was installed by a registered electrician who was subbing for the firm who supplied the charger (previous owner had it fitted not us). I have the certificate and report from the job.

However, this is what greeted me when I opened the junction box.

Not at all impressed!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 668
Sponsored Links
I've seen a few charging points converted by homeowners into outdoor sockets / lights etc. So, maybe the previous owner did something like that and then put it back when he sold the house.

I've seen a few charging points converted by homeowners into outdoor sockets / lights etc. So, maybe the previous owner did something like that and then put it back when he sold the house.

No they didn't, cos the previous owner was my mother and she would not and has not touched the electrics. She had it installed and used it for its intended purpose.

Sponsored Links
I've removed an electric car charging point from inside our garage today. This was installed by a registered electrician who was subbing for the firm who supplied the charger (previous owner had it fitted not us). I have the certificate and report from the job.

However, this is what greeted me when I opened the junction box.

Not at all impressed!

You must be proud :LOL:

DS

Not really. To be honest I'm peed off that a so called electrician would do this. Should be banned from electrical for life. If they're doing connections like that who knows what else they're doing (or not doing)

Not really. To be honest I'm peed off that a so called electrician would do this. Should be banned from electrical for life. If they're doing connections like that who knows what else they're doing (or not doing)

If that was done by an person charging for electrical work then you should report them to trading standards.

Regards,

DS

An electrician would never do that, its done by an alien trying to charge his space ship.

I have the details of said contracting electrician and company he was subbing for so may just contact the company to see what they say.

Maybe he was working "live " or swapped his screwdrivers for chopsticks !

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back