Foundation help for new plastic shed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have recently ordered a Keter plastic shed 7ft by 10.5ft. I need some advice about a suitable foundation on which to build it on. After a quick google I am considering this option...

To excavate a suitably sized section out my turf, probably 4 inches. Then fill 2 inches depth with Hanson slab base mortar as sold in B&Q. Then start laying paving slabs (400x400mm) on top.

What I need to know is if this is a reasonable approach and if there is anything drastically wrong with the process. Obviously I want a sound level base and one which does not suffer from moisture being sucked up or weeds growing through so how do I combat those 2 things - that is the undersoil moisture and weeds?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
you are having a laugh, how can weeds grow if there is no rain, light, or space.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't expect a shed of that spec to need any foundation.
Level out your floor area put a sheet of visqueen down and lay a base of flags bedded on 50mm of grit sand.
If the shed needs anchoring down, concrete small pad foundations just deep enough for a rawl bolt cast these locally to the fixing down points

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back