Foundations OSB forms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,

I have 35meters (1m deep, 0.6m wide) of foundation to dig. I'm using a micro digger, came with 4 sizes of bucket.

It's my first time using a digger but it seems to be going ok.

I had intended to use OSB boards to hold the sides up to prevent possible collapse but for the most part they are holding up themselves except one place.

So I have no choice but to use some kind of form.

My question is how will I get it the OSB board off after as it will now be sandwiched between the curing cement and a wall of soil, or do I even have to remove it?

Im thinking release agent or staple plastic sheets to the boards - but the real problem is that it's wedged in.

What happens if I just leave them in? Would save me a lot of energy.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Once the concrete has set dig a channel behind the OSB and prise it free.

Once the concrete has set dig a channel behind the OSB and prise it free.
Thanks for the reply conny.

I can do that nearly everywhere apart from 1 place.

What if in that 1 place I left the osb. Will it cause some kind of damage to the foundations? What if its got plastic on it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The OSB will eventually rot away into the soil as it's basically wood shavings bonded together.
Shouldn't be any plastic on it unless you wrapit in plastic sheet, n which case don't bother with the plastic.

The OSB will eventually rot away into the soil as it's basically wood shavings bonded together.
Shouldn't be any plastic on it unless you wrapit in plastic sheet, n which case don't bother with the plastic.

Thank you very much for the reply conny and woody.

That will make my life much easier.

The building inspector will not make a fuss about it being left in?

Leave in, sort out anything that gets in the way later with a quick sledgehammer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back