foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a very awkward neighbor,, and we dont speak,,, i have got planning permission for a single story extension,, my neighbour as a small single story extension to his proberty 3 meters long,it runs about 70mm from the boundary wall the footings are 800mm deep,, my extension will be 5.8 long and will be 300mm from the boundary wall my footings are also 800mm deep,, which i have dug and building control are happy with,,, so as far as i know what i have done so far is not covered by the PWA,,,, however building controll have now asked me to dig and expose the drain which is 1.5 meters deep so it can be protected as it goes under the foundation,,, this at the end of my extension ,, and will be about 2.8m from the boundary and the nearest point diagonally to his extension will be 3m, ive looked at the guide but can't get my head around the 45 degree rule,, is this within the PWA rules ? building control are not certain of the party wall act rules,, and im finding it difficult to get advice,, speaking to my neighbour will not work as they are trying to make as many problems as they can in the hope i will not build my extension,, any help will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Just get on with it. The PWA is only relevant if you cause damage. Just go carefully and make sure you don't cause any damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back