FOUNDATIONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about building my own extension but have no previous experience with foundations but do have experience in roofing, bricking etc so no problem there.

The clay in my garden seems to be located about 3ft below the soil in my garden and after speaking to various people it would suggest that once i have located the clay i can then put my hardcore on top followed by a large helping of concrete. Is it that easy?. I know i have to get planning permission etc etc etc and i know they come and pass things off in stages but i would like a heads up on how to put the foundations in.

There is a sewer pipe underneath where the foundations will go and i know i have to bridge this pipe but what and how do i do that, what material do i use to bridge the pipe etc.

Help me out here guys, lets see some of that DIYNOT forum magic at hand

Cheers

AndyP

P.S. any links to websites for guidence etc would excellent

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back