Bridging soil pipe in foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just started digging my foundations and wondered what would be the best way to bridge this in my foundations?

The soil
Pipe is a clay/pot pipe and I need to T off this to fit a short run of pipe for some aco’s

many thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Soil
Pipe in footings

Attachments

• B7250605-27F6-450D-9087-B239F4F0148A.jpeg
    B7250605-27F6-450D-9087-B239F4F0148A.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 81
There's a handy section in the approved documents telling you how to bridge the pipe.
Basically lintel over and fill the space with polystyrene or similar compressible material.
Regarding the pipe, make sure it's not a foul sewer first, if you have a separate surface water sewer you would need to connect to that instead (it's not allowed, but worse still, the sewage can come out the other way if it's not draining quick enough)
If you can drain it within your property eg into an unpaved area, that's always better than an aco.

Sponsored Links
Hi John,
Many thanks for your
Reply, the drain leads to a combined drain in the road however this soil pipe is only feeding the rain water… I’m actually a plumber lol so this was one of the first things I checked out however it was a good shout from you to mention it :) thanks.

I’ll have a look at the section re polystyrene etc thanks. It’s my own house I’m doing this on unfortunately I have plenty of experience with soil
Pipes
Just not with footings going over them lol .

must admit
Though I am really
Enjoying learning new skills and information doing this work myself.
Thanks
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back