Fox burrow under fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm fitting a new fence at the bottom of the garden. I've got the old fence out but have found a fox burrow under it! Our garden is a bit higher than the neighbours and the foxes have tunneled a foot or so in to it and pretty much all the way along the boundary (20ft or so).

Obviously if I just put the posts in they won't have enough soil around them to keep them in place and the foxes will probably keep on burrowing so...

Any ideas what I can do?

I guess I need to refill the burrow with soil but how do I stop them from burrowing it out again and trashing the new fence?

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
You need to attach chicken wire or similar to the bse of the fence on both sides then bury it at least 2 feet extending away from the fence. That errrm foxes them.

Sponsored Links
Rob - if you do intend filling those burrow before fence building ensure they aren't entrances to dens but just ways under the fence. If den entrances leave them as there a chance that the vixen may have early cubs in there and they might get trapped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back