Fox deterrence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently a fox has been coming into my garden and I would like to persuade it to go elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Foxes are nervous animals and keep away from large male carnivores.

After a steak or sunday roast, wee round the borders of you garden. Tuck pieces of sweaty vest under the hedge.

You would certainly be very wrong to wound an animal and leave it with a potentially festering and infected injury or loss of an eye.

Have you tried one of the ultrasonic deterrents? Work off a sensor

Last year I kept getting a fox crap in the driveway every couple of days, and put one in

Also I was sprinkling ground masala (indian spice) around the drive too for a few weeks - one or other I'm sure worked!

hair trimmings are meant to work too - human smells put them off

It is a large garden, very open, which would require a lot of wee or sweaty vests.

Bb ammo are small plastic pellets, as they are used in games similar to paintballing, iI doubt very much they would cause any harm, just wondered if they would give it enough discouragement.

Sponsored Links
I have had mixed results with those fox deterrent devices they often seem to work for a while then they ignore them the same with cat ones.

I would try a couple of deterrant devices at entry and exit points if you can watch the fox he/she will have a route they take through your garden as part of their nightly patrol if you can make it difficult for them to get over a fence or block a hole up you may well redirect them also do not leave food out for other animals overnight.

It's illegal to shoot foxes with air rifles or bb guns. if you deter one fox, another is likely to take its place. All you can do is make your garden as secure as unattractive as possible by blocking off the entry points they're using, remove access to food sources, block any hiding places etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back