Fracking. Gasland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watched a documentary film last night called "Gasland"
Basically its a onesided view about the effects that this is having on the water supplies and the environment of the residents in the immediate vicinity of the drilling operations in the USA over the last 10 years.
Some of the claims are disturbing but unfortunately you really only get one viewpoint.
Has any body else seen this, and is there another unbiased production giving the other side of the controversy.
I have a particular interest in this as the area where I live could apparently be the Klo**yke of fracking in the UK.

Sponsored Links
I don't think it makes any difference what it does to the water or whether it causes earthquakes - the UK needs cheap energy - and fracking is the price we pay.

theres been fracking near where i live..............there was a mini "earth quake" ....but i didnt feel a thing.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I don't think it makes any difference what it does to the water or whether it causes earthquakes - the UK needs cheap energy - and fracking is the price we pay.

To a certain extent I agree with you Joe, but if you had seen the chemicals which are pumped into the ground to facilitate the removal of the gas, domestic water supplies igniting , streams bubbling with gas which ignites and farm and wild animals allegedly succumbing to the effects of the burn off of the gas , then I think you would start to ask questions.
On top of all this you then bring into the mix the company, " Halliburton" and ex president George Bushes sidekick Dick Cheney who was responsible for amending the water regulations which apparently exempted the drilling companies , it has all the makings of a cover up.

I'm not saying it's a good thing but protest will be futile.

Oh no, another conspiracy theory.

Until I watched this I was probably as uninformed as you are, I knew about the so called link to a very minor earthquake in the northwest of England
Big business doesn't go in for conspiracys it is far more clever when it comes to making money, I once worked for a major company so I am speaking from experience.
All I want to know is , was this film a fair reflection of the situation?
Things can go wrong , don't forget Thalidomide , Asbestos,

Thanks for telling me how informed or not I am. Crystal ball time was it?

Read about Fracking when it first came out in the US and the objections raised then.

But you obviously having worked for a big company once know it all.

Fracking is common place in the US. Has been for years. Were just catching up.

Thanks for telling me how informed or not I am. Crystal ball time was it?

I said probably based on your conspiracy comment.

Read about Fracking when it first came out in the US and the objections raised then.

In that case why didn't you give me a sensible response instead of a smart arsed reply

But you obviously having worked for a big company once know it all.

No I don't know it all just that I have some experience of what some companies will get upto to make a profit,

You said
Until I watched this I was probably as uninformed as you are

Nothing specific, just a generalization.

Why dont you do a little research and see what is going on across the pond?

Sponsored Links
Back