frag matt or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an extension (9m by3m) which has a standard slab been down for 4 months, and then insulation in quick drying screed, the existing part of the room approx 3 by 9m has a slightly friable slab with approx 20mm of latex self levelling screed, then low profile ufh in TEKCEM fibre over both new and old. Ive commissioned the ufh as per tekcems instructions. The ufh people had allowed 15mm for 10mm tile and adhesive to take it upto bifold thresholds and no mention of anti frag mat, tiler said he would advise putting one in.
Any advice intending to put in 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks.
ps girlfriend wants me to shell out for professional but budget tight could a pretty good diyer lay this to ok standard?

Sponsored Links
Any advice intending to put in 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks.
ps girlfriend wants me to shell out for professional but budget tight could a pretty good diyer lay this to ok standard?
yes provided the floor is very flat

1200 x 200 tiles will suffer lippage if the floor is not flat

personally over your floor made of new and old, I would choose a decoupling mat like ditra or alternative brand

thanks i cant seem to see how much room with adhesive a decoupling mat takes up?

Sponsored Links
thanks i take it that 3mm ditra, 3mm tile adhesive and 10mm tile? but i only have 15mm to threshold of bifolds so not a runner, any suggestions to allow for my 15mm max height?
cheers jon

Ditra mat will sit on a very thin bed of adhesive (use small notched trowel), as you press it into the adhesive, so more like a mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back